About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Family Projects

Each month I have my students complete a family project.  They LOVE them!  It is a great way to get families involved in their child's education.  I also see my students' speaking skills improve throughout the year.

As part of the Common Core standards, students are expected to practice speaking and listening.  I have my students present their projects to the class once they are completed.  They will beg me all day about when we will present.  It is so adorable!

For February, I had my students create a Valentine box or bag at home to use at our Valentine's Day party.  I have to say this was probably one of the best things I chose to do.  We never have much time to complete activities like this in class (even though I would love to), so allowing them to be creative and get into their projects at home was awesome!  I was so impressed with all the ideas! Check out what they did below! 






How do you decorate Valentine card holders in your class? 

No comments:

Post a Comment