About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Monday, October 3, 2016

Student of the Week


Each school year I like to focus on one student a week.  I think it is a great way to get to know each student, and it allows me to highlight that student in a positive way.

My students LOVE being the student of the week and look forward to it all year long.
I start by having my student complete the All About Me poster.  I purchase these from Really Good Stuff.  I send it home the Friday before their week so they can complete it over the weekend.  Students share their posters on Monday, and it helps cover our speaking and listening Common Core standards.  I think it is important for student to learn how to present in front of their peers at a young age.  I think it makes it easier as they get older. 

On Tuesday, the student gets to bring in show and tell items.  They LOVE doing this.  I remember doing this when I was little, and I always got so excited to share. 

On Wednesday, I eat lunch with my student of the week.  I really enjoy this because I get to know each student.  We sit at a special table and get to talk one-on-one.  My kids always look forward to this. :]

On Thursday, my student of the week gets to have a special reader.  They often times pick their parents, but sometimes we have grandparents or older siblings in the school.

Finally on Friday we make a poster for our student of the week.  We write down all the reasons why that student is our friend, and we sign it at the bottom.  The student gets to take it home and keep it forever!  I LOVE this part of the week!

I have these forms in my TpT store for only $2!  There are 3 different options and there are also forms included for students to share about current events or book reports.  Click on the image below to check it out. :]


Thanks for stopping by!  I'd also love to hear how you share student of the week in your classroom.  Please leave a comment below. :] 


No comments:

Post a Comment