About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Monday, April 21, 2014

Liebster Award

I am so excited to announce that I was nominated by Marissa from First Grade STARS for the

Liebster Award!




This award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers as a way to welcome them to the blogging world.  I truly appreciate this award.  I hope to get more followers, and I appreciate this opportunity! 

As a nominee, my job is to answer Marissa's questions and share 11 random facts about myself before nominating five other new bloggers! 

Here are Marissa's questions and my answers:

1. What grade do you teach? What grades have you taught? How long have you been teaching? 

I currently teach kindergarten, and this is my third year of teaching.  I have only taught kindergarten, and I absolutely love it!  

2. Which book do you read to your class every year without fail? 

I always read the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.  I love this book!  It is great for retelling, and it has awesome pictures!

3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing? 

Honestly, I cannot think of doing anything else other than teaching!  I have wanted to be a teacher ever since I was little, and don't want to do anything else. :]

4. What is one thing you're just dying to buy for your classroom? 

I am dying to have netbooks in my classroom.  I would do anything to have a small group set!  I think they are so great and would provide so many activities for my students!

5. What's your non-teaching guilty pleasure? 

My non-teaching guilty pleasure is watching TV.  I absolutely love Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, and Vampire Diaries.  I get on Netflix and start a show - then I watch it for hours!  I get so addicted to watching various shows, it's kind of embarrassing!

6. What is your favorite book that is not teaching related? 

I don't have one favorite book, but I love anything written by Harlan Coben!  He writes awesome mystery books.  Once I pick up a book, I can't put it down!

7. What is one thing on your bucket list? 

I would love to go to Europe.  That is one place I'd like to travel to!

8. What is your favorite restaurant? 

My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden.  I go there for every birthday!

9. Who would play you in a movie about your life? 

I would love for Emma Stone to play me in a movie about my life!

10. What's one thing you could eat every day? 

I could eat strawberries every day all day long!

11. What inspired you to start blogging? 

My friend Maja Austin inspired me to start blogging.  She is a kindergarten teacher that I work with and 2 years ago she showed me her blog.  So, I started my own.  I have learned so much by blogging.  After I went to the Indiana Spring Blogger Meet-Up I started blogging more and even made a Facebook Page.  I find blogging to be very addicting, and I hope to get more followers - as well as learn from other blogging friends!


11 random facts about me: 


  1. I love to dance!
  2. My favorite color is pink.  I like everything to be pink!
  3. I'm an Apple girl - everything I own is an Apple product.
  4. My husband is a Marine, and when we were in college he was deployed for 405 days.  The hardest year of my life!
  5. I am an alumnae of Alpha Sigma Alpha sorority.
  6. I love spending time with my family.
  7. I am moving to Chicago this summer because my husband got a new job there.
  8. I have a cat named Tiki.
  9. I played golf in high school, but I'm really bad at it.
  10. I love Michael Jackson!
  11. I really want a house!!

Now, I would love for my nominees to answer the same questions and tell us 11 random facts about themselves!

Here are the rules:

1. Link back to my blog as the one who nominated you.
2. Nominate five blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions I posted.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know they have been nominated.










Thanks again Marissa!  I had fun doing this!



No comments:

Post a Comment