About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Character Analysis Part 2

I shared my week 1 of my character analysis reading workshop unit.  Now, I will share my week 2!  I am really enjoying this unit.  It is perfect for the fall season!

We read The Littlest Pilgrim.  This is a sweet story about a small pilgrim girl trying to help her family. We read this story and discussed the main charcter and the supporting characters.  





Once we determined the main character, we discussed how she felt at the beginning, middle, and end of the story.  Then, we talked about how her feelings changed and why.  It's important to understand how the character might change and what might cause it.  We discussed her feelings and how these may coincide with her character traits. 



We used our Pilgrim Character Trait books to record our observations about the main character.  We focused on using  descriptive words and steered clear from words like 'happy' or 'sad.'




We finished this part of our unit by making little pilgrims.  I think creating things helps students remember what they learned.  Plus they are just so darn cute! 



Check out my Workshop Unit by clicking on the picture below! 






No comments:

Post a Comment