About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall Favorites Blog Hop



Fall favorites blog hop is here!! I have a freebie for you and some of my items on sale.  I'm even posting one of my top sellers on sale this weekend.

Fall is my favorite season.  I love all of the leaves changing colors, wearing boots and scarves, and doing all the fun fall activities in my classroom!!  In September, we did all things apple.  My top seller in September was my apple place value game.  I don't know about you, but I'm always needing place value activities with my kids.  This is a concept they struggle with. 

So, I am placing this on sale for you!! I hope you find this useful in your classroom.  Click on the image below to grab your set today! 



Now that it is October we are doing bats, spiders, and pumpkins. We are having so much fun!  I teach reading and writing using workshop, so I create all my own activities and lessons following the Common Core Standards. I have made and am still in the process of finishing my Bats, Spiders, and Pumpkins Oh My! Reading and Writing Workshop unit plans.  I have weeks 1 and 2 completed, and 3 and 4 will be out soon! Even if you do not use workshop or do not need to follow lesson plans, there are many activities and objective checks you could use during intervention/enrichment time or to review skills. There are also emergent readers and craftivities!

Here are some photos below from my workshop week 2.









After learning about sentences, the students were given a sentence and they had to find another student with the same topic.  Then, they had to work together to make it a compound sentence. 




We learned special sounds during the week and read passages with the words as well as completed worksheets to check for understanding. 





I have a freebie from my week 1 unit to give you a sneak peek of what my units look like. I am also placing my weeks one and two on sale this weekend!  Just click on the images below to check them out!

FREEBIE!


Week 1


Week 2


As for some other fun fall activities, I made a Zombie fact family game and a Witchy Place Value game.  Check them out in my TpT store by clicking on the images below!




I hope you're having a great fall season! I am finally starting to feel like my kids are getting the routines and making some progress. :)

Now it is time for you to check out the next post from Miss Law's Kindergarten! Click on the image below to see what she has in store for you! Happy Hopping!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple idea of getting them up and moving to find a partner with a similar sentence and then working together to make a compound sentence. Thanks for sharing!

    Krista
    Teaching Momster

    ReplyDelete