About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Fall Y'all {Primary Grade Blog Hop}


Fall is my favorite season! I love when the leaves change colors and when there is pumpkin everything!  It makes me so excited!

So, I'm going to start out by sharing some of my favorite fall books that I like to read with my kids.


I LOVE the Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything   It is a fun repetitive book that the kids can catch on and read with you!

I also enjoy the Little Scarecrow Boy.  It is a good story to read and discuss the character within the story and how the scarecrow changes in the book.

Then, of course everyone loves Spookley and Fall Leaves Fall is a good one for focusing on the change of the season.  One of my favorite places to buy books is off Amazon.  It delivers right to your door, and you can find good prices for the books!


These are some of my favorite crafts that I do with my kids.  These are all crafts/activities I have done in my room.  When we read Little Scarecrow Boy, we made scarecrows and wrote about the character in the story.  We also made the crow, and under the crow is a book that retells the story.

Apples and Johnny Appleseed are two of my favorite things about fall!  We read a biography about Johnny Appleseed and wrote about him.  So, of course we had to make him!  

I love writing descriptive words for apples and having apple tasting time.  Then, we make a fun apple and write a descriptive sentence about apples.  You can see more about my apple day fun by going here!

Spiders are fun to learn about during the fall time.  We made this fun spider to go along with our spider fact book. :]


Now, here are some pictures to show you what you get in your freebie today!!  I created a fall reading and writing workshop unit that can be used during the month of October.  The unit covers spiders, bats, and pumpkins!  This was one of my favorites to teach.  It focuses on sounds and learning how to read whole words, conventions, and parts of a story.  I am sharing a portion of this unit with you for free.  There is a fun bat craft that you could use in your room, also!


You can also find the whole unit by clicking on the picture below. 


I have had so much fun sharing my favorite things about fall with you!  Be sure to stop by Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten to see what she has in store for you!  Just click on the picture below. :]


If you want to start at the beginning, click on the picture below where you can find the amazing Mrs. D that coordinated this fun hop for us!



2 comments:

  1. Those crafts are amazing. I need to try some of those out with my little friends :)

    Thanks so much for participating in the hop!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome crafts guys. such sessions are always fun to be at. Looking for essay company which can give good grades? Check this out.

    ReplyDelete