About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Monday, August 31, 2015

Back to School Bash


Back to school always comes in high speed!  I feel like we're always struggling to keep our heads above water.  I hope that you can find some fun new ideas and lots of freebies during the Elementary Entourage's awesome back to school bash!

One of my favorite back to school activities to do with my kids is make name mosaics.  The students practice fine motor skills by ripping the paper.  Then, they practice the colors of the rainbow by decorating each letter in order of the alphabet.  Students also practice using glue so that they just use a small dab!



I then use the names to place on our class word wall.  Its a great way for students to learn how to spell their friends' names!




Here is a freebie for you!  I had my students practice using glue bottles before this activity so that they know how to use just a small bit of glue.  This is something my little ones tend to struggle with.  So, I like to emphasize the importance of using small bits of glue by having them complete this dabbing worksheet.  They just place a small dot of glue on each dot.  Then, they can also practice making lines of glue.  You can grab it here!

I hope you enjoy.  Be sure to check out all the other back to school bash ideas by clicking on the images below!  Enjoy! :]



No comments:

Post a Comment