About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Sunday, September 7, 2014

I Made it!

saw somewhere how people were putting ribbons in their composition notebooks to use as bookmarks.  I thought this was genius!! So, I went in to school one night and put ribbons in all of my composition notebooks for my kiddos.  I am so excited about this because they always lose their place or they waste pages by skipping over half of them when they open their journal to write in it.  I think this will makes things so much easier.

I use two notebooks with my kids.  One is for writing and one is for reading. 



So, you need a composition notebook, ribbon, scissors, and a hot glue gun.  

First, you open to the back of the notebook. 

Then, you put a small strip of hot glue on the back of the notebook.

 You don't want it to be too thick! 

Then, place the ribbon on the glue.  

Then, I pull the ribbon over the top of the notebook.  I let it go past the bottom of the notebook just a little bit. 

I cut the ribbon!

I place it in the front of the notebook to mark the page!

Tada!! You have a notebook with a bookmark.  

I love them and so do my kids! Super easy! I did 20 notebooks in about 20 minutes.  You should give it a try! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment