About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Goin' Buggy!



We have been doing an Eric Carle study and learning about his different styles and what his books have in common! We really focused on The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Oh boy, we love that book! We started with reading the book and then retelling it.

We retsina the story and made our own caterpillar using transition words to retelling the story. This was great practice! 

On Tuesday, we reviewed the Very Hungry Caterpillar and discussed the life cycle of a butterfly. This is one of our kindergarten standards, so we had fun while learning!  Check out how we made the life cycle!

Wednesday, we started making our caterpillar book. I got this idea from http://mrstsfirstgradeclass-jill.blogspot.com/2012/03/very-hungry-caterpillar-pop-up-book.html. Check out this sight it has some really neat things! I changed a few things to make it easier on my kids, but I think it still turned out cute. This took us 2 days to complete. 
I hope you enjoyed our bug week!! I will have to post pictures of our caterpillars. I ordered some from www.insectlore.com. They mail live caterpillars to you and you can watch the life cycle of a butterfly. It is really neat! My kids love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment