About Me My Classroom Freebies Collaboration Image Map

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge: Week 3 Make Your Masterpiece

Week 3 is here!  I am so excited to be linking up with these fabulous ladies for the Make your Masterpiece portion of the seller challenge.  If you're interested in joining up, click the picture below!


Here is my masterpiece below!  I worked hard to finish this product.  I did this activity at the end of the year with my students, but I was finally able to wrap it up!  It is My Poetry Book - a product used to teach 8 different types of poems.


I want to give a big thank you to my favorite blogging bestie for checking my product!  Maja from Kooky Kinders is the best!  You can check her out by clicking on her button below. :]



My Poetry Book teaches students how to write 8 different styles of poems that include, acrostic, cinquain, concrete, couplet, diamonte, limerick, haiku, and tanka. 

When students learn these poems, you start by creating them together.  There are templates for specific poems students will write when learning each style of poetry.  

When they write an acrostic poem, they will learn by making one about grapes.  There are also templates available so students can make grapes to place on their poem.  Look at the student example below!


The cinquain poem template is about carrots.  Students again learn how to write the poem together as a class, create the craft using the templates in the product, and place the page in their poetry book.  Check out the student example for a cinquain poem below!


There are topics for the other poems, as well as templates for the craft pieces for each poem.  The kids LOVED writing the poems together and then making the craft to go along with it.  It also makes their poetry book turn out so cute!

Then, there are blank templates for each style of poetry so students can write their own poem using the poetry style to place inside their poetry book.  Here are two examples of student poems that were written on their own.



I like how there are templates for each style of poetry so that students can make their own types of poems without being told how to write a poem.  It allows for creativity and adds more pages to their poetry book.

Also, when introducing the different styles of poems, I would buy the snack that would go with each topic.  For example, when we learned about acrostic poems, my students ate grapes to help get their creative juices flowing.  (or maybe I just enjoy having snacks!) 


I hope you find my masterpiece something you would love to have.  You can head over to my TpT store to grab your own set today!  My kids sure loved making the poetry books, and we had a lot of fun reading them when they were complete.  Once they are done, all you have to do is bind them together using a binding machine or tie them using ribbon.  It makes for a great keepsake!  


Thanks again to these 4 awesome ladies for motivating me over the summer!










1 comment: